Systems Thinking World Help
On 10.09.01 anonymous editing and new user account creation was removed due to spammers. If you desire access to edit or add SystemsWiki content please contact Gene Bellinger and access will be arranged.
Every page will eventually have one or more categories which will enable people to pull all the pages in a category of interest. While a page may be in several categories a page should not be in a category and one of its subcategories is generally the case. The category Model will be in every model page, and the category Simulation will be in each simulation page regardless of the lower order category the page is categorized.
- Category for Each Archetype
- Various Subject Domains...
- Various model categories
- Systems Thinking
- Systems Science
Create a Book
It seems as though a book, as related to a Wiki, would be an intentioned path through a selected set of content. A path that one might like to traverse more than once, or have someone else traverse.
If you would like to create a book from some cross section of the content of SystemsWiki, in .pdf format, or even have it printed, you can do so by going to Pedia Press, Books from almost any Wiki and follow the instructions.
From my testing it seemed quite easy and it would appear that you could actually create a book using pages from multiple Wikis. I managed to create a test book and download it in .pdf format in just a few minutes. Seems like a marvelous utility.
If you create a book which you consider others may find of value, we'd be delighted to include it on this page.
- Anysite with iframe size specification.
- <anyweb mywidth="800" myheight="600">http://my.server.com/</anyweb>
- Category Tree
- googleAnalytics 12.03.28
- Multi-Category Search Needs Work!
- User Merge and Delete Tried to install 12.03.27 but it generates an error.
There are several file types found throughout SystemsWiki.org and they are defined here for your reference:
- .gif - graphic format file
- .itm - ithink simulation model file
- .jpg - graphic file format
- .mdl - Vensim PLE file
- .msys - MapSys file
- .pdf - Adobe protable document format
- .png - graphic file format
- .smm - Simgua simulation model file
It is expected that additional file formats will be added as needed and this list will be updated at that time.
Graphic Files for Models
- White Space. When creating model images for Wiki pages lots of white space around them isn't of much use. Though it seems the process is a bit different for creating images from different simulation packages. As we discover what works we'll we'll post notes here of what we've found.
- Variable Names. A convention that seems to work well is to use all lowercase file names of 6 to 8 characters in length, then you avoid any case problems when you're trying to get the image to display. If there are several graphics for use in one Wiki page then labeling them somename1.png, somename2.png etc and name the model files in the same manner helps keep track of what goes with what.
- Display Format. The following format seems to be working well for displaying images.
- [[file:your_file_name.png|center|frame|<center>Fig. </center>]]
Hard to Remember Formats
<span id="anchor_name">some text</span>
- <categorytree mode=pages>Manual</categorytree>
- Category Tree Help
<center><small>[ Full Page View]</small></center><html><center>
<!-- comment -->
To include the footer at the bottom of the page use the following.
Image Display with embedded File Link
Image Display with Insightica Source
[[file:|center|frame|<center>Fig. [[http://www.insightmaker.com/insight/# Source]]</center>]]
Insight Maker Embedded Model
<IFRAME SRC="http://InsightMaker.com/insight/xxx/embed?topBar=0&sideBar=1&zoom=0" TITLE="Embedded Insight" width=800 height=450></IFRAME>
<br><small><b>Mouse over individual items for descriptions.</b></small></center></html>
<a href="" target="_blank"></a>
Reference tags for citing
<ref>author: source title, year</ref> adds a reference which can be displayed with the <references/> tag
example page: Bounded Rationality: Sensible Senselessness
Searching in MediaWiki
<sub></sub> produces 
<sup></sup> produces 
Jing seems to be the most versatile utility for capturing images of most anything, adding annotations as needed, and then saving them as .png files for upload to SystemsWiki.org.
I've started adding a footer at the bottom of every page which provides links to other interesting items in SystemsWiki.org. If you edit a page that doesn't have a footer please include the following.
Systems Thinking World Discussions
Systems Thinking World Q&A * Gene Bellinger