This is an effort to migrate the WikiMindMap utility, initially developed by Felix Nyffenegger for navigating Wikipedia via a mind map structure, so it may used to navigate SystemsWiki. While there are still a number of bugs and some enhancements we'd like to make the migrated software is operational. Drag the following Bookmarklet [SystemsWikiMap] to your browser favorites bar and it will open SystemsWikiMap with the SystemsWiki page you're viewing when you click on it. Please provide feedback to Gene at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note that an alternate view of the endeavors and content associated with Systems Thinking World is available through perusing the existing Categories.
Redo the video so it presents SystemsWikiMap as the main navigation vehicle for SystemsWiki.org. Now that I have been doing ths for a few days it seems far more convenient than finding a page and switching to the SystemsWikiMap navigation mode. [12.06.03]
- Drag the following Bookmarklet [SystemsWikiMap] to your browser favorites bar and it will open SystemsWikiMap with the SystemsWiki page you're viewing or the main page if you're on some other web page.
- Once it comes up search for the page you're looking for
- Use CTRL+Right Click on the main node to expand all nodes if desired
- I was going to install a default to display expanded though I now don't think that's desired.
- Navigate as desired or search for something else
The following is a record of the fixes applied.
- Sun, 2012.06.03
- Added SystemsWikiMap Help link on right side of top separator bar.
- Wed, 2012.05.30
- Created a new video which demonstrates the new features and fixed bugs.
- Created Bookmarklet that opens SystemsWikiMap with the current page name.
- Tue, 2012.05.29
- Additional fix to creteToolTipText so it ends the Tool Tip at the first /n/n after 10 characters. This provides a much cleaner look by getting rid of all the misc stuff after the initial text.
- Mon, 2012.05.28
- Fixed createToolTipText function to cleanup Chapter and SubChapter text.
- Tue, 2012.04.24
- Took out the all upper and all lower case page searches as they're not used.
- Cleaned up the presentation of the search string
- Shortened the page and text matches labels to take up less geography.
- Sun, 2012.04.22
- Managed to get the code to work so if it doesn't find a page by the name specified it will do a search and return a list of Page title matches and Page text matches. Needs a bit of clean up but it is working.
- Sat, 2012.04.21
- If a L2 or L3 heading also contains a wiki reference in the form [[reference]] the reference will now appear as a element of the L2 or L3 node itself.
- Fixed so [http://link.com label] gets processed in L2 and L3 headers. Need to fix the node label still.
- Fri, 2012.04.20
- Implemented the equivalent of the Go Button Functionality so that entries are a bit less case sensitive if the page title has some normal case scheme.
- The code was included to do the equivalent of a search if the page was not found. The next step will be to parse the search results and display in FreeMind as a map.
- Wed, 2012.04.18
- After a number of restarts it's actually working again
- Changed name to swmap.php for SystemsWikiMap. Hope this is the last time I change all the names and links.
- Mon, 2012.04.16
- I broke it so it doesn't work at all. Have to restart.
- Thu, 2012.04.13
- Fixed to filter "Special:" WikiPage Nodes
- Fixed to correctly process embedded [[#label]] links
- Rewrote removeTags function so there wasn't confusion with multiple tags at the beginning of the string.
- Wed, 2012.04.11
- Fixed links directly to L2 & L3 page headings
- Fixed display of main page on initial entry
- Fixed handling of & in Wiki page names, L2 & L3 headings
There remains a few bugs that need to get nailed.
- On the map of the SystemsWikiMap page a #label element shows up under Updates. [2012.04.22]
- To fix this SWMap must explicitly remove content embedded in <nowiki>nowiki ident</nowiki>
- Fix node label for html links in L2 or L3 headers. Virtual Systemic Inquiry/Tool Evaluation [2012.04.19]
- URL displayed and not selectable. See Systems Thinking amazon ref. [2012.04.22]
- It seems to lose ? in page titles though they can be valid. [2012.04.22]
- Need to process #Redirect and go to the redirect page. [2012.05.30]
- The SystemsWikiMap of the Dialogue Mapping page shows the URL & the Label for the Senge 2010 link and it shouldn't. Find out what's odd about this link. I think it's because it is in double brackets even though its an external URL. [2012.05.30].
- Special:pagename should be presented in the map. Look at Special:Upload. [2012.05.30]
- Pull all the links out of <html>code</html> so they're presented in the map. [2012.06.02]
- Fix tooltiptext so one can see what will be displayed if the subchapter is opened. Currently the tooltiptext function gets rid of too much stuff. [12.06.02]
- Fix the Bookmarklet so if the end of the page name isn't SystemsWiki when just open no page specified and it will open to the main page.
- Internal page references don't resolve correctly. [[#title]] [12.07.08]
- There seems to be a problem with less than sign inline in some text. It becomes a remove comments when it shouldn't.
There are a number of features already identified that we'd like to see if they can be implemented.
- Clean up search display a bit.
- Add and option to force a search rather than looking for a page name.
- Multi level map based on user specified level
- Need to handle redirects
- The links which show up in search results have text associated with them. Might it be possible to append this text to the items listed on the map?
- Adventures in Wonderland
- WikiMindMap Original for Wikipedia
- SystemsWikiMap SystemsWiki Version
Systems Thinking World Discussions
Systems Thinking World Q&A * Gene Bellinger