Modeling & Simulation with Insight Maker
There are questions which arise during the development of a Systemic Strategy that simply can not be answered with qualitative models. At times only a dynamic quantitative simulation is capable of providing the level of understanding necessary to answer some questions. This Adventures in Wonderland provides an in depth introduction to modeling & simulation using Insight Maker.
- Systemic Perspecitves A Discussion on LinkedIn to post any questions that may arise.
- Insight Maker/Separating Connections Create a focus page for this with IM-2734
- Insight Maker/Shared Editing Move to a more appropriate location later.
- Insight Maker Introduction
- Why Create Models?
- Qualitative Models
- Stock & Flow Simulations
- Modeling Approaches
- Modeling Guidelines
- Additional Tools
- Recent Updates
- Does Insight Maker Support Scripting
- Insight Maker doesn't currently support the classical System Dynamics approach to subscripting. We do however support agent based modeling which can do pretty much everything subscripting offers, but with a different syntax and cognitive approach.
- Subscripting is really sort of a half way point between standard SD modeling and Agent Based modeling. The region between where it is needed to augment standard SD models but where agent based techniques aren't superior to subscripting is really quite narrow.
- However, if there was demand for it, subscripting might be added at some point.
- What controls the order of the sliders?
- The sliders are in the same order as the overlay display of the elements. First created at the top and most newly created at the bottom. You can change the order by using the bring to front/send to back option.
- Modeling & Simulation with Insight Maker/Q&A
- Adventures in Wonderland
- Simgua Manual A Reference for Insight Maker Mathematical Functions etc. by Scott Fortmann-Roe
- HeroCalc A calculator to test Insight Maker Functions.
Systems Thinking World Discussions
Systems Thinking World Q&A * Gene Bellinger